At a glance:
Pre-U, relevant Diploma, or equivalent
Get yourself ready for the demands of management in the hospitality and tourism industry with the only 3+0 Swiss degree offered in Malaysia. With a focus on strategic business development of hospitality and tourism organisations, this programme trains you to be an independent leaner, as well as offers you the opportunity for learning and developing foreign language skills.
You can enroll with an STPM, PRE-U or equivalent, or you can enter this degree course after succesful completion of a relevant diploma course.
In this three-year course you will learn everything about the hospitality industry around the world: From how to operate and run a successful restaurant to organising events, from promoting tourism destinations to planning research projects. As essential economy subjects like marketing and finance are covered, the BA International Hotel & Tourism Management in many ways is similar to a business degree - only more specialised.
If you opt to complete a dissertation paper successfully, you will be awarded an honours degree.
What's more? It is the only 3+0 Swiss Hospitality degree offered in Malaysia. You can complete the three year course entirely locally, here in Malaysia. If you wish to transfer to IMI in Switzerland, of course you can do so anytime.
The course is flexible and offers further specialisation, as there are three major lines to choose from:
- International Hotel & Tourism Management
- Events Management
- European Culinary Management
Your career with Hotel & Tourism Management:
Hospitality is a wide field, with more than 10% of all jobs worldwide. And it is far more than just hotels and restaurants. Think: tour operators, events organisers, cruise ships, resorts, medical tourism, airlines... The opportunities for exciting jobs are virtually endless.
Many of our graduates work in the management of major hotel chains, for consulting firms, government, in education or are entrepreneurs and start their own businesses. And there are no boundries as to where you can work. The world is at your feet.
Why pursue a hospitality degree in KDU?
- Choose from three majors to specialise in - International Hotel & Tourism Management, Events Management & European Culinary Management .
- This course features an international study tour.
- We give you and option for your study of foreign language; German or French.
- This course features frequent classes by visiting lecturers from Australia, Germany, Switzerland, France, Greece, Singapore and many other European countries.
Year 1 Semester 1
- Personal Developmet Planning
- Business Language & Culture: English Intermediate
- Business Language & Culture: Introductory French / Introductory German
- Food and Beverage Services
- European Restaurant Operations
- The Global Hospitality and Tourism Industry
Year 1 Semester 2
- Accomodations Operations
- Personal Development Planning II
- Front Office Management
- Business Language & Culture: English Higher Intermediate
- Financial Management for Hospitality & Tourism I
- Business Language & Culture: Intermediate French / Intermediate German
- Beverage Studies
- The Tourism Industry
Year 2 Semester 1
- Enterprise Development Project
- Human Resource Management for Hospitality & Tourism
- Financial Management for Tourism & Hospitality II
- Services Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism / Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Language & Culture: Advanced French / Advanced German
- Food and Beverage Facilities Management / Food Costing, Purchasing and Mechandising
- Tourism Impacts / Transport and Tourism
Year 2 Semester 2
- Personal Development Planning III
- Research Methods
- International Strategic Marketing Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Tourism and Hospitality Economics - Major in Hotel & Tourism module
- Tourism Attraction Management - Major in Hotel & Tourism module
- Information & Communication Systems
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) - Major in Events Management module
Year 3 Semester 1
- Industrial Placement
Year 3 Semester 2
- Personal Development Planning IV
- Food and Beverages Themes & Application
- International Tourism Development
- Events Operations - Major in Events Management module
Compulsoy modules for Malaysian students
- Hubungan Etnik
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia
Compulsory modules for International students
- Malaysian Studies
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi