At a glance:
SPM or equivalent, 3 credits, pass in Bahasa Melayu
If you consider a career in hospitaliy, the IMI Diploma in International Hotel & Tourism Management is the best foundation you can obtain. With a syllabus mirrors our Swiss counterpart's methods and curriculum; this diploma will expose you to the theoretical, practical and management aspects of the hospitality industry. Its combination of Swiss hotellerie and modern management techniques will ensure all the right doors are open for you.
In this two-year diploma course you will learn everything about the hospitality industry, and more. The four main pillars of work in a food outlet or hotel are covered:
- Beverage studies
- Food service
- Front Office Management
- Accomodation Operations
However, the diploma course also gives you the a broad overall knowledge of the tourism industry, nurtures your professionalism and characteristics, and equips you with powerful skills and techniques to expand your horizon further, and eventually to pursue a career that can take you far up on the corporate ladder.
The industrial training in the last semester is the perfect opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a hotel or resort around Malaysia or abroad.
On completion your Diploma will be awarded by IMI Switzerland.
Your career with Hotel & Tourism
And then? Obvious choices are work in a hotel, resort or an upmarket food outlet, looking after the need of guests, be it at the front desk, in operations or in one of the restaurants. But also the sales, marketing or management team may provide a challenging work environment. You could also start work on a cruise ship, with an airline, with tour operators, travel agents or even as a travel journalist. There are plenty of exciting jobs, as the hospitality sector is a vast field.
Did you know?
- Our IMI diploma provides you with a great hospitality foundation before specialising in the degree.
- We give you an option for your study of foreign language; German or French.
- Our lecturers are made up of the broadest range of full-time international lecturers in Malaysia (Germany, France, Argentinian, American and Singaporean).
- We have visiting professors from IMI University Centre and other European countries every few months to teach and conduct seminars.
Year 1 Semester 1
- Personal Development Planning
- Front Office Management
- Business Language & Culture I: English Intermediate
- Business Language & Culture: Introductory French / Introductory German
- Tourism and Hospitality Geography
- The Tourism Industry
Year 1 Semester 2
- Personal Development Planning II
- Accomodation Operations Management
- Business Language & Culture: Intermediate French / Intermediate German
- Introduction to Food Production
- Introduction to Food Service
- Cultural Studies
Year 2 Semester 1
- Industrial Placement
Year 2 Semester 2
- Marketing & e-Commerce for Hotel & Tourism
- Financial Management for Tourism & Hospitality I
- Business Language & Culture: English Higher Intermediate
- Beverage Studies
- Food Costing, Purchasing & Merchandising
- Hospitality Law / Entrepreneurship
Compulsory modules for Malaysian students
- Hubungan Etnik
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia
Compulsory modules for International students
- Malaysian Studies
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi