At a glance:
any bachelor degree (Subject to approval. Candidates without a BA can apply, too.)
Looking to further your career opportunities in the hospitality industry? This MBA will be able to help you do just that, as its objective is to equip you with the skills necessary for the eventual higher level management. With invaluable conceptual and managerial skills that will enable you to tackle specific issues and problems related to the hospitality and tourism industry, your future looks set for this dynamic and lucrative field.
This 12 month intensive course is designed for professionals with or without formal qualifications in hospitality, but with several years of management experience in a hospitality or tourism related industry who wish to develop their skills for management position. Those who possess qualifications and work experiences from unrelated fields may also find this course suitable for them.
It can be done as a 12 month intensive course or a 16 - 24 months part time course, with evening or weekend classes. It is possible to complete it faster than the prescribed 24 months.
The programme's objective is to equip students with the skills necessary for eventual higher level management in the hospitality industry. The core focus is on strategic planning and development, and managing service organizations in a regional and international setting. Possible industry sector of employment: hotels, restaurants, public / private transport systems (airlines, cruise liners, etc.), resorts, and all other serveice related industry which is the largest industry sector in the world. This programme adopts a flexible approach to assessment with a mix of group and individual presentations, examinations and submission reports. Each of the 10 compulsory modules lasts four months.
- Personal Development Planning IV
- Studying at Masters' Level (Research Methodology)
- Economic and Financial Project Appraisal in the Hospitality Industry
- Events Management
- Service Operations Management
- Strategic International Marketing Management
- Enterprise Development in the Hospitality Industry
- Asia Pacific Business Cultures
- Contemporary Issues in Strategic Management
- Management Research Report (MRR)
The MBA programme is fully accredited by MQA. Your MBA will be awarded by IMI University Centre, Switzerland.
What you should know about our MBA...
- It is the only Swiss masters programme available in Malaysia.
- The course is taught by highly qualified local and international lecturers, and visiting professors from IMI University Centre.
- Its core focus is on strategic planning and development, and managing service organizations in a regional and international setting.